4th grade Teacher Position
Maple Street School is an independent K-8 co-educational day school in Manchester, Vermont. Maple Street School is a joyful academic community that cultivates personal and social responsibility. We nurture intellectual and creative growth through an engaging curriculum. Our culture of respect inspires confident learners.
Maple Street School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
The commitment to equal opportunity applies to and is reflected in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, staffing, training, promotions, compensation practices, employee benefits, social programs, discipline, and termination of employment. Maple Street expects all employees to abide by and support this policy without reservation.
Maple Street School seeks a Grade 4 Teacher. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position with an August 2021 start date. We are seeking a teacher with a passion for working with students at the elementary level. This person must be able to teach a developmentally appropriate and challenging curriculum. The classroom teacher teaches reading, writing, mathematics, science, and social studies as well as social-emotional learning.
Work closely with colleagues;
Attending regular faculty meetings and other school events as appropriate;
- Communicate regularly and effectively with students, families, and colleagues;
- Demonstrate effective, positive classroom management;
- Employ a variety of methodologies in teaching and instructing pupils, including but not limited to project-based learning, hands-on activities, demonstrations, and discussions;
- Facilitate daily homeroom check-ins;
- Implement the Responsive Classroom model;
- Model on a daily basis the conduct we expect of our students, and consistently exhibit the highest standards of professionalism;
- Work individually and collaboratively with colleagues to create, plan, and prepare thoughtful lesson plans as part of an instructional program that is age-appropriate and addresses individual student needs;
- Collaborate with the Specialist Teachers (art, music, French, library, and physical education) in order to establish meaningful connections for learning;
- Implement the curricula via daily instruction that is differentiated, and which incorporates traditional and innovative teaching pedagogies;
- Attend all professional gatherings and in-service meetings;
- Be available to consult with students, parents, and colleagues as part of parent conferences and as-needed basis;
- Attend institutional gatherings and events as necessary or requested by the Head of School in support of the School’s mission;
- Devote time and effort to ongoing professional growth including active participation in the re-accreditation process;
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, strong communication skills, and openness to others’ ideas;
- Commit to integrating the Outdoor Classroom into teaching and learning;
- Create opportunities for students to understand themselves and others as both individuals and members of a larger community
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred
- Minimum of 2-5 years teaching experience is preferred
- Demonstrated passion for working with children and an understanding of the developmental needs of the age group
- Highly skilled teacher with effective pedagogical and classroom management techniques
- Experience with or willingness to learn Responsive Classroom
- Experience with or willingness to learn Bridges in Mathematics
- Effective written and oral communicator
- Commitment to the success of every student
- Commitment to providing an equitable, inclusive learning and work environment and fostering a sense of belonging for everyone in the school community
- Proven collaborator and team member
- Innovative and optimistic thinker
- Life-long learner with a growth mindset
To apply please send a CV and educational philosophy statement to Cricket Mikheev, Head of School, email@example.com.